I have been into affiliate marketing for a very short time! For those who know me will know that i was never into niche site industry. I was a freelancer and i was happy with my life. Then i came into affiliate marketing and everything changed. I built Passive Journal and currently, Passive Journal is growing at a great pace which is awesome.
Anyway, i have finally decided….
It is time to go for a Passive Project. And I am not going to target only Amazon Associate Program for this website. I am going to target Amazon Associate & Google Adsense.
Read the first update here: Passive Project Update 1
Read the second update here: Passive Project Update 2
Read the third update here: Passive Project Update 3
Read the fourth update here: Passive Project Update 4
Read the fifth update here: Passive Project Update 5
I am sure many of you got bored of seeing me telling the same story again and again. Unlike many other marketers, I am giving you actual boring lectures on what I am doing month by month on this passive project. If it was one of those shady marketers, I am sure you would have seen flashy screenshots of earnings all over this project.
Passive Project is important to me because I want to sell this site for $100k sometimes this year (probably by December). But at the same time, I have other sites and services that I am constantly working on. Therefore, Passive Project might seem a bit slow to you and I completely understand that. I am extremely sorry if you are angry about me not putting up more updates.
Anyway, from this update, we are going to focus on ranking because guess what?
We have started to rank!
Let’s see the screenshot now!
I am using Serpbook to check ranking updates. Reason? They are cheap. $11 a month for up to 50 domains is a sweet deal. And they give you all the details in one place like Monthly Search, ranking on Bing/Yahoo and stuff!
Anyway, as you can see from the image, three of my keywords are now at good positions (3rd page of Google) where some other ones are there at 4th and 5th page.
I am only tracking my money keywords because these will bring us the most profit. So all the keywords that you are seeing on this screenshot are of these two formats:
Best + niche
Niche + reviews
I have 8, money keywords now on the website and therefore, you are seeing the 8 updates. If I combine those in terms of search volume, the volume is around 14000 monthly searches from Google. 14,000 search volume is good enough to get me at least $5000 a month when I rank all of them to the first page.
Obviously, I might not be able to rank all of them to the first page. That’s why I will be adding more money keyword based articles in February. I will add probably 6 more money articles.
Now, let’s have a look at our January goals and what we have achieved so far:
- Publish 10 articles: I only published 3 which is very bad! Today is 16th so I still have half month to make things right. Go Passive Project!
- Interlink all articles with each other: Done this perfectly. Almost all of my articles are now naturally linked with each other. The bounce rate is still very high but I am confident that it will start to go low from now on!
- Prepare a solid off-page SEO strategy: Now, this was the big one. I have spent a few cups of tea (I don’t drink coffee) to prepare an interesting strategy of off-page SEO for this site. I haven’t started implementing the strategies yet so have patience. I will talk detail about what I am doing once I start doing!
Have a look at the audience overview! Slowly going up, soothing, right?
I am not going to repeat my investments on every update from now. If you want to see them, check the previous update please.
Here’s the plan for February, 2017:
- Competition Analysis of All Competition Sites For My Target Keywords
- Start Outreach & Grab 15 Backlinks in February
- Publish 5 Articles
That’s it. I have no rush with this project. I just want to go with the flow!