I have been into affiliate marketing for a very short time! For those who know me will know that i was never into niche site industry. I was a freelancer and i was happy with my life. Then i came into affiliate marketing and everything changed. I built Passive Journal and currently, Passive Journal is growing at a great pace which is awesome.
Anyway, i have finally decided….
It is time to go for a Passive Project. And I am not going to target only Amazon Associate Program for this website. I am going to target Amazon Associate & Google Adsense.
Read the first update here: Passive Project Update 1
Read the second update here: Passive Project Update 2
Read the third update here: Passive Project Update 3
Read the fourth update here: Passive Project Update 4
Ok guys, So this is update 5 of our Passive Project. I have mixed news to share with you guys. I am still super sad because i am not being able to do enough for the project. We are continuously launching and managing services at Passive Journal and i am actively participating in all of them. So yes, time gets limited.
However, i am not going to whine about Passive Project in this one. I have a good news for you guys. We made our first affiliate income. Hurrah!
Basically, the main reason of doing this update is because we had our first earning. Otherwise, there is nothing much to tell. I have decided that I will be doing one post per month about Passive Project from now on.
I have published 6 more articles since Update 4 so the total article count is now 18. I want to go up to 30 before starting any SEO so yes, it is taking more time than we thought. Then again, who’s in a hurry, right?
Remember the goals for December?
Here’s an update of our goals:
- Publish 10 articles: I already published 6, hopefully, will publish the other 4 within next 1 week.
- Specify the money keywords and list them. I did it too. Among these 18 articles that are already published, only 5 are money keyword based articles. They rest are informative. I will keep this ratio for the future articles too. For every 3 Informative article, i am going to publish a money article.
- Add affiliate links to the whole site: Done that too obviously. Otherwise, we wouldn’t have our first income, right?
- Create all social media accounts & start posting! I haven’t done this one unfortunately. I will be assigning a VA this task of creating all social media accounts. The primary plan is to target these media:
- A Facebook page
- Instagram Profile
If you have time, I recommend that you add other Social Media too. For now, i will go with these.
So let’s do the Investment-Earning Analysis:
Investment So Far:
- Domain Bought: 11 October, 2016 for $37 (For Three Years)
- Hosting Bought: 11 October, 2016 for $10
- Theme from My Theme Shop: $59
- WP ComPear: $15
- Content: $650
Income So Far:
$0.82+ $3.64 = $4.46
Plan For January, 2017
- Publish 10 Articles
- Interlink All Articles With Each Other Naturally
- Prepare a Solid Off-Page SEO Strategy
If everything goes well, we will start our Off-Page SEO from February, 2016.